The leading source of employment today is in the field of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning. Because of its high earning potential and bounteous job availability, many are considering this path. And the key to success in this field is a good education. Therefore to help you find schools offering this program, here is a list of HVAC Schools in Washington D.C.
- Encompasses the Lincoln Tech, Lincoln Culinary Institute, and Lincoln College of New England brands.
- Lincoln schools made more than $15 million available nationally through scholarships to qualified students in 2015.
- Designated a Military Friendly School for the 6th year in a row by Victory Media; offers exclusive scholarship for servicemen and women and their families.
- First Lincoln Tech campus opened in 1946; now 30 campuses in 15 states across the United States.
- Campuses are accredited by the ACICS, ACCSC, ABHES, and NEASC
- Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- HVACR Technician
Lincoln College of Technology offers HVAC program in Columbia (Baltimore/DC Area) campus. Students are trained thru hands-on and interactive learning which allows them to do the actual HVAC job even before getting hired as an HVAC technician.
Ashworth College offers HVAC program online. Qualified students may apply for financial assistance. You may call or visit the school for the requirements. Students can take advantage of the flexible schedule and opt to finish the course in as early as 6 months or they may also take it slow and complete the program in 2 years.
HVAC Salary and Job Prospect in Virginia
The average salary for HVAC technician in Washington D.C. is $51,000 which is 21% higher than other states of the same job category. There is also copious job hiring for HVAC experts varying from installers to managers. To get the best job offer for this field, you may want to consider pursuing your education by obtaining other certifications and licensure for HVAC technicians.