HVAC graduates in Florida are trained in two ways: classroom training and on-the-job-training. The main objective is to allow students to be exposed in both real-life HVAC problems and theories. There are schools that offer HVAC courses with associate degrees or certificate degrees. You may opt to enroll online or offline depending on your preference. Here are The HVAC Schools in Florida offering the program.
Florida Career College
Florida Career College’s mission is to successfully prepare our graduates for new career opportunities.
Our objectives are to:
- Offer graduates viable career options by providing quality educational programs based on employer-driven requirements.
- Create a positive learning environment that recognizes individuality and enables students to meet their unique educational goals.
- Generate excitement and foster the desire to learn through diverse teaching methods.
- Maintain a qualified, caring faculty and staff dedicated to the personal and professional development of each student.
- Remain at the forefront of education by supporting continuing education and training for graduates, faculty, and staff.
- Instill a quality philosophy in students, staff, and faculty to continually exceed expectations.
- Prepare and encourage students to pursue life-long learning.
At Florida Career College, we firmly believe that good training is the primary factor in achieving personal success.
- FCC Orlando
- Lauderdale Lakes
- West Palm Beach
- Pembroke Pines
- HVAC Technician - DIP
Southern Technical College
Whether you need to upgrade your skills or change careers, we have the right program to fit your needs. Let us show you how to get the skills you need in a short amount of time so that you can get into your career today! At STC we offer hands-on clinical training, career placement assistance and morning or evening schedules.
- Central Campus: Brandon
- Central Campus: Mount Dora
- Central Campus: Orlando
- Central Campus: Sanford
- Central Campus: Auburndale
- HVAC (9 Month Diploma)
- Applied Electronics Technology - HVAC Major
Lincoln College of Technology
Lincoln College of Technology helps students achieve professional success through personalized career support and hands-on, job-specific education. our in-depth training programs are designed to meet hanging needs and cover a variety of fields, including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology.
What sets Lincoln College of Technology apart from other colleges? Quite a few things, actually; our training programs emphasize experiential, interactive learning activities – that means you’ll do the job before you take the job. Plus, our Certificate, Diploma and Associate Degree programs are designed to accelerate your entry into the job market by offering a shorter length of training, so you may be earning valuable on-the-job experience before many of your peers do.
But our strengths go beyond that. our Lincoln instructors possess a combination of seasoned teaching skills, subject matter expertise and real world experience. Plus, we’ve built working partnerships with important industry contacts in your area. So when you graduate, we’ll help you find a good position and start your career off right.
When it comes to choosing colleges, keep this in mind: our dedication to your success sets us apart from the competition – and the specialized, career-focused training you’ll receive at Lincoln will set you apart from yours. Lincoln College of Technology offers flexible daytime and evening programs to accommodate your busy schedule.
- West Palm Beach
Florida Technical College
Florida Technical College programs are exciting and dynamic, evolving over the years to meet the needs of students and the job marketplace. FTC students receive the new iPad with e-books instead of textbooks, which allows FTC students to tackle coursework anywhere, at anytime.
- Pembroke Pines
- HVAC/R with PLC
Everest Colleges, Institutes and Universities provides postsecondary education programs that prepare students for careers in some of America’s fastest growing industries, including health care, business and technology. Everest takes a very personal approach to career education, offering small classes, intimate work groups and support systems designed to help students succeed both inside and outside the classroom. Even after students graduate, Everest’s Career Services department is there to provide ongoing career coaching and help locating local employment opportunities. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
- Orange Park
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
Welcome to FORTIS.
At FORTIS, students are provided the skills and training needed to enter careers in industries that have employment opportunity over time. What industries you ask? FORTIS offers career education and training programs in the nursing, healthcare, medical, dental, business, information technology, skilled trades, massage and cosmetology career fields. That makes Fortis a post-secondary network of colleges and institutes with a wide variety of educational choices!
FORTIS provides education and training for qualified applicants with the desire to better their career opportunities regardless of previous educational background. With over forty FORTIS campus locations across the country in Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Virginia, more students have the opportunity to experience the FORTIS Difference
- Fortis Institute - Port St Lucie
- Fortis Institute - Pensacola
Florida Career College aims to provide graduates Quality Education. They have considered employer’s requirements in HVAC employment and have applied these factors in their teaching methods to ensure that graduates are qualified to have and enjoy better and viable career opportunities ahead.
There are two types of programs to choose from: the 9-Month Program (HVAC) and the 12-Month Program (Residential/Commercial HVAC).
1. 9-Month Program (HVAC) – Graduates are given instructional and hands on lab simulation training in preparation for an entry-level employment in the field of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning. The 9-Month program prepares graduates to earn two types of certification:
- EPA Section 608 Certification for Stationary Air Conditioning and Refrigeration – this certification is a requirement for HVAC graduates to complete the said program.
- Universal R-410A Safety Training and Certification – this certification is not a requirement to complete the 9-Month Program, but graduates are encourage to obtain them.
2. 12 Month Residential/Commercial HVAC – This program provides graduates lessons on HVAC commercial application including topics such as balancing and testing air systems, low and high pressure boilers and equipment on top of the training included in the 9-month program. This enable graduates to gain two important HVAC certification:
- EPA Section 608 Certification for Stationary Air Conditioning and Refrigeration – which is a requirement for the completion of the program.
- Universal R-410A Safety Training and Certification – not required for the completion of the program but graduates are strongly encouraged to have.
You can find other campus locations for Florida Career College in Kendall, Margate, Hialeah, FCC Anthem Orlando, West Palm Beach, Lauderdale Lakes, and Jacksonville.
Fortis Institute offers a wide variety of career education and training programs including HVACR with campuses in Port St. Lucie, Mulberry and Palm Springs
Fortis Institute prepares graduates to an entry-level employment in the HVAC industry as HVAC Technician or also known as HVAC mechanics/installers. With the complexity of today’s system related to commercial refrigeration, air conditioning and other equipment, graduates at Fortis Institute undergo training in computerized diagnostics.
Lincoln College of Technology offers interactive learning method for HVAC program, which means students are performing the job even before working as an HVAC technician. Classes may be undertaken during the day or at night. Financial aid is also given to qualified students. You may visit the West Palm Beach campus for details.
Southern Technical College offers programs in Applied Electronics Technology major in HVAC. The advantage of studying in this school is that they handle classes in small number to ensure individualized approached in teaching. You can choose between morning and evening classes for your hands-on HVAC training so there is no reason for any one not to graduate if they have that desire. Their campuses are conveniently located within the cities of Auburndale, Mount Dora, Orlando and Sanford.
They also offer financial assistance for qualified students who really wants to earn a degree. They are also committed to support graduates in finding excellent job through their Career Placement Assistance.
Penn Foster Career School and Ashworth College is a school for people who seek up-to-date learning and skill development in HVAC. Considered as one of the largest and most affordable online school for accredited HVAC courses, students are honed to have the right skillset and are prep to become qualified for high paying and fast growing companies in the HVAC industry.
Since the courses for the HVAC program are offered online, graduates can maximize the use of their study time and study materials because they are free to either study faster and harder or not.
Average Salary for HVAC Technicians in Florida
The average salary for HVAC technician in Florida is $42,000 which is 6% lower than the average salaries nationwide. Employers in Florida are searching for HVAC technician with entry level training to HVAC consultants to lead technicians for both commercial and residential building requirements. For better competency in this field, you may want to consider taking the EPA certification and other available licensing and certification offered in the state of Florida.